4K HDR sets a new standard.
4K gives you a crisper picture using four times more pixels than standard HD. High Dynamic Range (HDR) delivers brighter, more realistic colors and greater detail. From the hottest new movie to your favorite TV show, everything is more lifelike than ever.
News and sports. Streaming live.
Apple TV 4K offers the live content you care about most – news and sports. You’ll find your favorite sports from apps like NBA and MLB and late-breaking news from apps like Bloomberg and CNN, so it’s easier than ever to watch the live programming you love.
The Apple TV app puts everything you watch in one place.
The Apple TV app lets you browse content from over 60 video services without switching from one app to the next. You’ll find movies, shows, and handpicked recommendations. The Apple TV app is already on iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV and works seamlessly across them all. So if you stop watching in one place, you can start again later on a different device.
You ask. Siri delivers.
No more typing to find exactly what you’re looking for. Just ask Siri for a movie, show, genre, actor, or song you love. Siri also shines when you’re not sure what you want. Just say something like “Show me movies in 4K,” and Siri delivers.
Your photos, videos, and music. It’s all on TV.
Enjoy photos and videos from your iCloud Photo Library or shared albums on the big screen. Connect Apple Music to your home theater. And let your friends and family share their photos and videos with AirPlay.
Share photos, presentations, websites, and more.
AirPlay is an easy way for you or your guests to wirelessly share whatever’s on an iPhone, iPad, or Mac in dramatic big-screen fashion.
Control your smart home through Apple TV.
Shut your garage door. Control your home’s heat or air conditioning. Double-check the locks. Apple TV lets you use your iOS device to control HomeKit-enabled accessories remotely with the Home app.
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- IR transmitter
- Accelerometer and three-axis gyro
- Lightning connector for charging
- Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter (sold separately)
- Capacity 32/64 GB
- HDMI 2.0a
- 802.11ac Wi‑Fi with MIMO; simultaneous dual band (2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- Gigabit Ethernet
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology
- IR receiver
- Built‑in power supply
- A10X Fusion chip with 64-bit architecture Processor
- Apple TV – 35 x 98 x 98 mm; 425 g
- Siri Remote – 124 x 38 x 6.3 mm; 45 g
- HEIF, JPEG, GIF, TIFF Photo Formats
- HE-AAC (V1), AAC (up to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (up to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Apple Lossless, FLAC, AIFF, and WAV; AC-3 (Dolby Digital 5.1) and E-AC-3 (Dolby Digital Plus 7.1 surround sound) Audio Formats
- Video Format
- H.264/HEVC SDR video up to 2160p, 60 fps, Main/Main 10 profile
- HEVC Dolby Vision (Profile 5)/HDR10 (Main 10 profile) up to 2160p
- H.264 Baseline Profile level 3.0 or lower with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 fps, Simple profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- Apple TV is compatible with HD and UHD TVs with HDMI
- Apple TV is compatible with Bluetooth keyboards
- System Requirements
- iTunes purchasing and renting and Home Sharing require iTunes Store account
- Requires 802.11 wireless, Ethernet network, or Broadband Internet access
- Requires 4K and HDR TV for 4K and HDR streaming
- Requires HDMI cable (sold separately)