MultiTouch and music. The amazing Genius. A built in FM radio. Smart ways to stay fit. Everything about the new iPod Nano is a huge hit.
Your greatest hits. And taps. And swipes.
The best things in life have a soundtrack, and that is where iPod Nano shines. The MultiTouch display lets you experience your music in a new way. Tap to play anything you want to hear. Swipe the Home screen to browse your music by songs, albums, artists, playlists, genres or composers. You can even rearrange the icons on your Home screen so your music is organised just how you like.
Clip on some tunes.
With the new built in clip, you can walk, run, ride or dance with your favourite songs on your sleeve, pocket, jacket or bag. The album art of the song you are listening to fits perfectly on the display.
Play all day. And all night.
The built in rechargeable lithium-ion battery gives you up to 24 hours of non-stop music. So when you clip on an 8GB or 16GB iPod Nano, you will have plenty of tunes to make it through your commute, your workout and beyond.
Shake it up.
Now for something completely random. Give iPod Nano a shake and it shuffles to a different song in your music library. Shake to Shuffle is perfect for when you are not in any particular music mood. You never know what you are going to hear, and you will always be pleasantly surprised.
Your own personal DJ.
Say you are listening to a song you love and you want to stay in the groove. Just tap Genius. It finds other songs on your iPod Nano that go great together and makes a Genius playlist for you. For more song combinations you would not have thought of yourself, create Genius Mixes in iTunes and sync the ones you like to your iPod Nano. Then tap the Genius Mixes icon and rediscover songs you have not heard in a while, or find music you forgot you even had.
Ride the airwaves on iPod Nano. The FM tuner shows the artist, song or programme you are listening to. Just tap to see the radio controls, flick the radio dial to change stations and tap to set your favourites.
If you need to take a break from listening, do not miss a minute of radio time with Live Pause. Tap to pause a song or show, then tap again to continue where you left off. You can rewind as far back as 15 minutes or fast-forward to catch up to the live broadcast.
Clip and go. And go. And go.
The new iPod Nano design actually helps keep you fit. It is portable and wearable, which makes it runnable, walkable and workout-able. Clip it on and control your music with just a tap or swipe of a finger, so you can stay focused without fumbling around. For your run, walk or trip to the gym, a little iPod Nano goes a long way.
Size and weight
- Height: 37.5 mm (1.48 inches)
- Width: 40.9 mm (1.61 inches)
- Depth: 8.78 mm (0.35 inches) including clip
- Weight: 21.1 grams (0.74 ounces)
- Volume: 10,056.3 cu mm (0.614 cu. in.)
- 8 or 16GB flash drive
- 54-inch (diagonal) colour TFT display
- 240×240-pixel resolution
- 220 pixels per inch
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF and WAV
- User-configurable maximum volume limit
- Regional settings for Americas, Asia, Australia, Europe and Japan Live Pause feature for pausing a radio broadcast and rewinding (within a 15-minute buffer)
- Mac computer with USB 2.0 port, Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later, and iTunes 10 or later4
- PC with USB 2.0 port; Windows 7, Vista, XP Home or Professional or later and iTunes 10 or later. Internet access is required and a broadband connection is recommended