Arrival of the fittest
Apple refined the details of comfort, creating a class of in-ear headphones with a customisable fit that forms an exceptional seal for Active Noise Cancellation. You’ll feel your music, not your headphones.
These internally tapered tips conform to your ear shape, keeping the AirPods Pro secure. And with vents helping to equalise pressure, you feel like there’s nothing in your ears.
Sound that cuts out the noise
The Apple AirPods Pro are the in-ear headphones with Active Noise Cancellation that continuously adapts to the geometry of your ear and the fit of the ear tips – blocking out the world so you can focus on what you’re listening to.
An outward-facing microphone detects external sound. The Apple AirPods Pro then counter it with equal anti-noise, cancelling the external sound before you hear it. An inward-facing microphone listens inside your ear for unwanted sound, which is also eliminated with anti-noise. Noise cancellation is continuously adjusted at 200 times per second for truly immersive sound, so you’re fully tuned in to your music, podcasts and calls.
Want to hear what’s happening around you? Just press and hold the force sensor on the stem to jump between Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode – which lets outside sound in, and allows things to sound and feel natural when you’re talking to people nearby.
Everything you hear is unheard of
Enjoy superior sound quality with Adaptive EQ, which automatically tunes music to the shape of your ear for a rich, consistent listening experience. Powerful bass is delivered by a custom-built high-excursion, low-distortion speaker driver. An inward-facing microphone hears sound as you do. The Apple AirPods Pro then fine-tune the audio by adjusting the mid and low frequencies. The amplifier powers the speaker driver to remove background noise and works with the H1 chip to control listening levels.
- Active Noise Cancellation
- Transparency mode
- Adaptive EQ
- Vent system for pressure equalisation
- Custom high-excursion Apple driver
- Custom high dynamic range amplifier
- Dual beamforming microphones
- Inward-facing microphone
- Dual optical sensors
- Motion-detecting accelerometer
- Speech-detecting accelerometer
- Force sensor
- Press once to play, pause or answer a phone call
- Press twice to skip forwards
- Press three times to skip backwards
- Press and hold to switch between Active Noise Cancellation and Transparency mode
- Say “Hey Siri” to do things like play a song, make a call or get directions
- H1-based System in Package Chip
- Bluetooth v5.0
- 30.9 x 21.8 x 24.0 mm (Airpod)
- 5.4 g (Airpod)
- 45.2 x 60.6 x 21.7 mm (Charging Case)
- 45.6 g (Charging Case)
- iPhone and iPod touch models with the latest version of iOS
- iPad models with the latest version of iPadOS
- Apple Watch models with the latest version of watchOS
- Mac models with the latest version of macOS
- Apple TV models with the latest version of tvOS