The AirPods deliver the wireless headphone experience, reimagined. Just pull them out of the charging case and they’re ready to use with your iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad or Mac.
After a simple one-tap setup, the AirPods work like magic. They’re automatically on and always connected. The AirPods can even sense when they’re in your ears and pause when you take them out.
To adjust the volume, change the song, make a call or even get directions, simply say “Hey Siri” and make your request. You have the freedom to wear one or both the AirPods and you can play or skip forward with a double-tap when listening to music or podcasts.
Powered by the Apple H1 headphone chip, the AirPods use optical sensors and motion accelerometers to detect when they’re in your ears. Whether you’re using both the AirPods or just one, the H1 chip automatically routes the audio and engages the microphone. When you’re on a call or talking to Siri, an additional speech-detecting accelerometer works with beamforming microphones to filter out external noise and focus on the sound of your voice.
- Dual beamforming microphones
- Dual optical sensors
- Motion-detecting accelerometer
- Speech-detecting accelerometer
- iPhone, iPad and iPod touch models with iOS 12.2 or later
- Apple Watch models with watchOS 5.2 or later
- Mac models with macOS 10.14.4 or later
- Apple TV models with tvOS 12.2 or later
- AirPods (each): 16.5 x 18.0 x 40.5 mm
- Charging Case: 44.3 x 21.3 x 53.5 mm
- AirPods (each): 4 g
- Charging Case: 38 g